VMware documentation / Setting up and management of virtual machines and vApp / How to create new vApp
How to create new vApp
New container can be created empty, with template of virtual machine with OS installed or with clean VM without OS.
1. In My Cloud section inside vApps tab click on the star sign (Build new vApp).
2. Set name of vApp inside the new window. If necessary, in the section Leases a time can be set when virtual machines inside that container will be automatically powered off (Runtime Lease) and a term after which virtual machines of that vApp will be “frozen” (Storage Lease) and listed in the tab Expired Items. Term indicated in the Storage Lease starts after the end of term indicated in Runtime Lease. Click on Next.
3. Inside Add Virtual Machines tab you can:
- add virtual machine template from the catalog (How to create virtual machine from template)
- create virtual machine from scratch(How to create virtual machine from scratch)
- leave the vApp container empty and import there a template of virtual machine or a image file later.
4. Example of empty vApp container creation. In the tab Add Virtual Machines go through all the steps clicking on Next.
5. After clicking on Finish an empty vApp container will appear in the list of your vApp.
|« How to deploy new virtual machine from scratch||How to create vApp template »|