VMware documentation / Setting up and management of virtual machines and vApp / How to deploy a virtual machine from a template
How to deploy a virtual machine from a template
1. In My Cloud choose tab vApps and press the green .
2. Add vApp from Catalog window will appear.
In the drop-down menu Look in choose Public Сatalogs. Inside the table will be expanded the list of available VMware virtual machines templates with OS. Choose the one you need (ex. CentOS) and click on Next.
3. Enter the name or keep existing (Name), fill-in description if necessary (Description). Click on Next.
4. In the tab Configure Resources make changes if necessary in the field Virtual Machine. Click on Next.
5. In the tab Network Mapping set network parameters and make changes if necessary in the field Computer Name.
6. Move to the tab Customize Hardware. Values of CPU's power, RAM and disk space of VMware virtual machine are indicated there. We do not recommend to change them. Click on Next.
7. Move to the tab Ready to Complete. Check parameters set during previous procedures. Created VMware virtual machine can be launched automatically by selecting Power on vApp after this wizard is finished inside the checkbox. Click on Finish.
8. Virtual machine creation process inside vApp container will take some time.
|Get the Server OS Admin Password »|